My Ask HN

Linky

The very first reply says it's HTML, CSS and XML. XML is a markup language but not the one used on Reddit which is Markdown.

I already know some HTML and CSS and occasionally use the markup language on Reddit.

So I might be able to code this, hire an artist to add drawings, add a shopping cart and be in business from the website end of things.

I worked at BigCo when they were implementing some technology of some sort, I forget what. It looked to me like the scene in Men in Black 2 where the mail sorting machine turns out to be a cart with an alien with multiple arms flinging mail rapidly.

To the customer, it's "tech." The actual back end is getting PEOPLE to do the work within the deadline as a priority for some damn reason.

Cool if I can figure this out but then I need the 'back end': an actual knitting machine and business processes for taking the online orders, inputting them into the machine and making the clothes and mailing them off.

I still need a lot more info but I already have some familiarity with two of the three languages listed for doing the template thing and I use a markup language on Reddit occasionally.

This seems surprisingly doable. 

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Steps